Arlington Life Shelter is always looking for opportunities to build relationships with corporations in North Texas. This allows the Shelter to expand our reach and make a bigger impact on educating the community about homelessness, and the work we're doing to assist individuals and families impacted by homelessness create a path to self-sufficiency.
How do corporations benefit from partnering with Arlington Life Shelter?
Tying your company to Arlington Life Shelter impacts your company culture in a variety of ways.
- Productivity increases when employees work together towards a common goal.
- Employees take pride in working for a company that recognizes social responsibility.
- Employees who feel gratitude toward their employers are more likely to build a strong emotional connection with their workplace.
- Philanthropic activity often results in a personal attitude that identifies with more ethical behavior. Think of it as do good, be good.
Source: Jacoby, M. (2017, December 7). 4 Ways Workplace Giving/Volunteering Can Drive Employee Engagement. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.huffpost.com/entry/4-ways-workplace-givingvo_b_8602428.
What types of opportunities are available?
Arlington Life Shelter will customize team work experiences that are meaningful, well-structured, varied, and guaranteed to energize your team.
Below is a list of potential volunteer opportunities. As we transition back into having volunteers on site, please call the Shelter to find out more.
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Serving a meal
- Decorating for a holiday
- Providing after school snacks and activities
There's opportunities to make a difference in the lives of our guests at your office. These opportunities might include:
- Back to School drives
- Assembling "Welcome Kits"
- Creating table decorations
- Assisting with bulk mailings
Arlington Life Shelter's largest annual fundraiser is our Evening Under the Stars- Holiday Dinner and Auction. The event consists of dinner, music, inspiration, live and silent auction and raffle, and benefits the men, women and children at Arlington Life Shelter who are working toward their goals of self-sufficiency. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Liz Hammond.