COMPLETE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
The shelter is using VolunteerLocal, a volunteer management program, to schedule volunteer opportunities, track hours and better communicate with our volunteers.
Volunteers are integral to our organization- the support we receive from individuals, groups, and other organizations is crucial in assisting our guests create a path of self-sufficiency. Please read our volunteer policies and procedures below.
- To volunteer when the guests are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest guests.
- To volunteer when guest are NOT present, volunteers must be capable of working under minimal supervision. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present. Unsupervised children are not allowed. We recommend that very young children not be brought to the shelter while parents are attempting to volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application and have a background check every two years.
- Volunteers must sign in and out when arriving and leaving, recording hours served. We use this data for many grant applications, and your help in tracking this data is appreciated!
- Volunteers may not take photographs of, or with, guests. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our guests.
Ways to Serve:
- Provide a Meal: Grab a team of co-workers, a faith group, or your family and friends and cook a meal for residents. We need Food Team Volunteers to purchase, prepare and serve a meal to 120 residents. This is a great opportunity for small groups interested in giving financially and volunteering.
- Join Partners of Arlington Life Shelter (PALS)
For more information on how to serve, please contact Ashley Winfield.