COMPLETE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
The shelter is using VolunteerLocal, a volunteer management program, to schedule volunteer opportunities, track hours and better communicate with our volunteers.
Volunteers are integral to our organization- the support we receive from individuals, groups, and other organizations is crucial in assisting our guests create a path of self-sufficiency. Please read our volunteer policies and procedures below.
*We miss our volunteers but we are working towards having small groups back in the shelter soon. Every volunteer (new and old) is required to fill out a new application. This will help us be able to communicate with you better.
- To volunteer when the guests are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest guests.
- To volunteer when guest are NOT present, volunteers must be capable of working under minimal supervision. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present. Unsupervised children are not allowed. We recommend that very young children not be brought to the shelter while parents are attempting to volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application and have a background check every two years.
- Volunteers must sign in and out when arriving and leaving, recording hours served. We use this data for many grant applications, and your help in tracking this data is appreciated!
- Volunteers may not take photographs of, or with, guests. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our guests.
Ways to Serve:
- Individuals or groups: Limited opportunities available due to the pandemic.
- Food teams: Faith communities, organizations and companies are all invited to help prepare and serve food at the shelter. All Food Team members are required to complete a Food Handlers Certification Course online. Ask us how we can help you or your team complete this requirement.
- Join Partners of Arlington Life Shelter (PALS)
For more information on how to serve, please contact Traci Feigle at 817-548-9885 ext 3304.