Ways to Serve:
- To volunteer when the residents are present, volunteers MUST be age 18 or older. This includes food teams serving breakfast or dinner. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our youngest residents.
- To volunteer when residents are NOT present, volunteers must be capable of working under minimal supervision. Any volunteer under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present. Unsupervised children are not allowed. We recommend that very young children not be brought to the shelter while parents are attempting to volunteer.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application and have a background check every two years.
- Volunteers must sign in and out when arriving and leaving, recording hours served. We use this data for many grant applications, and your help in tracking this data is appreciated!
- Volunteers may not take photographs of, or with, residents. This is to protect the privacy, safety, and dignity of our residents.
Simple Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and download the volunteer application and return it to the shelter for processing via
, Fax (817) 548-1609, or mailing/dropping by the address listed on application.
- A background check will be conducted on all potential volunteers.
- Once you are approved to volunteer you will be contacted via email about upcoming volunteer opportunities as they arise.