Partners of the Arlington Life Shelter - PALS
The mission of PALS is to expand community awareness of the work of the Arlington Life Shelter and provide additional financial support for that work. PALS Volunteers are men, women and children who help make the shelter a “home away from home” for homeless families in our community. Visit us on our Facebook page.
- Birthday Parties - Bingo is the first Saturday night of each month and celebrates the residents' birthdays.
- Christmas Store - Children shop for gifts for their parents in the make-believe shelter store.
- Angel Tree - PALS members provide gift cards for adult residents for Christmas
- Mother’s Day - Special gifts are given to parents in recognition of the important role they play in their children's lives.
- STARS - School Attendance Celebration Parties
- All students are recognized each semester for putting forth their best effort in spite of their challenging situations.
PALS 2019 Officers and Committee Chairs
President: Cheryl Illingworth
Vice Presidents: Pat Hutto and Sylvia Nichols
Treasurer: Kathy Hurst
Secretary: Eliza Hatton
Birthday Parties: Judy Steffens
Christmas Activities: Linda Smith
Membership-Yearbook: Carrie Palmer
Games Day: Claire Daulton
Public Relations-Media: Carrie Palmers
Mother’s Day/Father's Day: Jackie Halpin-Osteen
Communications/Newsletter/Historian: Patsy Miller
Emergency Lunches: Mary Smith
Founder: Sylvia Nichols
Past Presidents: Patsy Miller and Carrie Palmer
ALS Board: Sissy Day
PALS can accomplish this mission with you and your membership support. Please consider renewing your membership, or joining our organization. Fill out your application here.
Mission & Services
To promote self-sufficiency by providing shelter, employment programs, and transitional services for North Texans impacted by homelessness.
Make a Donation
Due to our renovation and expansion we are unable to take any in-kind donations until the shelter reopens in June. Please consider sharing your items with Mission Arlington or another agency whose mission you support. We are so thankful for your support and apologize for any inconvenience.
Path of Kindness
Last call for bricks. If you'd like to show your support for the shelter on our Path of Kindness, please purchase your brick today Deadline is January 15.